My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Bourbon Corn Pudding Recipe YUM!

Thursday, October 14, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try




Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

I am part of Bake for the Cure because I love to bake. At Bake for the Cure, you can submit and share recipes among other cooks and supporters. The recipes are inspiring and delicious.

My first recipe, Cherry Streusel Coffeecake, came from the Bake for the Cure: A Celebration of Love & Hope Cookbook. You can order one for yourself for just a mere $2.00. It has delectable recipes featuring the wonderful ingredients from ACH Foods.

This recipe is a little different. Although it is a baked recipe, it is more of a delicious side dish. I make it for my holiday meals especially, but also make it upon request. It is a comfort food family favorite.

Bourbon Corn Pudding

3 Large eggs
1 and 1/8 cups evaporated milk
3 Tbs. light brown sugar
3 cups canned cream style corn
3 cups corn kernels (I use can corn kernels)
3 Tbs. butter melted
3 Tbs. cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbs. water
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/8 tsp. salt
3/8 tsp. ground white pepper
4 and 1/2 Tbs. Bourbon (optional) - I always omit the Bourbon, it can be strong, you can adjust the amount to your taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2 quart (13 x 9) baking dish.

Beat eggs, evaporated milk and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes or until slightly browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot. Serves 8-10.


We could not wait to dig in, hot from the oven!

It is quick and easy to make. You kitchen will be filled with a wonderful aroma. Hot from the oven - delicious! Try this recipe for your next fancy meal. It is sooooo good.

If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did. Get Baking!

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My posting makes me elgible for a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

45 comments:

  1. Michele said...

    This looks TERRIFIC...I've already ditched the corn pudding recipe I was going to use for Thanksgiving for this one!

  2. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

    This looks so good. I'd probably leave the bourbon out too, but I think it would taste yummy either way!

  3. Hollowsins said...

    I am not a fan of corn but I bet my oldest would love this!

  4. Leslie M. said...

    Hi Rita,

    You might wanna ditch that first comment.. it looks like spam!

    Anyway.. this looks like a GREAT holiday recipe.. I might try this for Thanksgiving!
    XOXO
    Leslie
    Leslie Loves Veggies
    http://leslielovesveggies.net/

  5. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    Yumm....corn! I am such a fan of corn pudding but just don't make it often enough. Maybe I'll try this one for our next family dinner!

  6. NorCalMom said...

    Looks like a great recipe! I would probably omit the bourbon as well.

    Thanks for sharing!

  7. Julee said...

    This is a different recipe. I love corn and pudding. Maybe it works. I'll put it in my One2Try recipe folder! lOL

  8. ~ Noelle said...

    i have never heard of corn pudding...
    i have heard of bread pudding (marc loves it, i am not a fan) will have to see if anyone i know has tried it!

  9. Kelly said...

    This looks awesome too Rita! I bet it would be sweeter with fresh corn right?? You sure can cook lady. Good luck!!


    kibbles0905@yahoo.com

  10. Nicole said...

    I have never had corn pudding, but this sounds like something I would like. I would probably omit the bourbon too.

  11. Haven said...

    I'm scared of corn pudding. O.O I've never had it before. It kinda SOUNDS good though. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try it. Haha. :)

  12. Karen B said...

    That makes an awful lot so I think I'll try making 1/3 of the recipe without the bourbon. Sounds delicious!

  13. Jackie said...

    Oh wow...this looks good!!

  14. lfhpueblo said...

    I'd make mine without the Bourbon too.

  15. GabbyLowe said...

    that looks really tasty

  16. GabbyLowe said...

    that looks really tasty

  17. Yona said...

    This recipe sounds REALLY interesting. I love corn.

  18. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF USING BURBON IN CORN

  19. momznite said...

    I think my family would like this recipe.

  20. Tamara B. said...

    Looks so delicious!

  21. Janelle said...

    Rita, this was so good, & easy to make, too! I recommend it to your other readers.
    Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

  22. scottsgal said...

    yumm hubby would like this one
    msboatgal at aol.com

  23. Lexiquin said...

    My mom made corn pudding every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Her recipe is very simple and uses just four ingredients. My husband would probably love this recipe, tho--he'd think the bourban was a bonus!

  24. shopannies said...

    my dad loved corn pudding but I do not think he ever had it that way

  25. mel said...

    This sounds wonderful. . . I'm copying now to try soon!

  26. Kristi.B said...

    This sounds amazzzing! I wrote it down and def. want to try it for Thanksgiving. My parents would love it!
    kristi.blackstone@yahoo.com

  27. Romapr said...

    I haven't ever made Corn Pudding but this recipe makes me want to. I'd love to to try it with a little bit of bourbon just to see what it taste like but it may be too strong for me too. Thanks for the recipe!

  28. sharonjo said...

    I like recipes that aren't fussy and taste good. This one hits on both counts. Thanks for sharing!

  29. katklaw777 said...

    I am making this one!

  30. Darlene said...

    I have lots of corn in my freezer, and this looks like a great way to use it!

  31. LAMusing said...

    I've never had corn pudding, but it sounds really good. I think I'm going to try it!
    adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com

  32. kayte71 said...

    We have a family version of this too. No booze,with sharp cheddar and jalapenos. Super delish. Thanks for this.
    Kaytewatts AT aol DOT com

  33. kayte71 said...

    I left a comment on your corn pudding!
    kaytewatts AT aol DOT com

  34. candy said...

    I tried a receipe a few years ago for this but it didn't turn out. Thanks so much for this receipe I am going to try it this year.wilcarvic
    [at]gmail[dotcom]

  35. Yenta Mary said...

    I love corn pudding!

  36. SquirrelQueen said...

    I haven't made corn pudding in years, thanks for the recipe.

  37. PAM said...

    The top looks delicious.

  38. Gianna said...

    I've never tried bourbon with corn pudding before..

  39. Wendi P said...

    OK- I must be living under a rock because I have never even heard of corn pudding. Your picture looks pretty yummy so perhaps I will try the recipe. Thanks

  40. Heavensent1 said...

    Not sure ifn I've ever had corn pudding...sounds yummy...heavensent1@yahoo dotcom

  41. Aisling said...

    This looks great (better than my standard Corn Pudding recipe). I'm going to save this one. Thanks.

  42. manthas24 said...

    Appearance wise - that looks like something my Mom used to make. Never knew what it was but maybe I could make this and give it to her. Won't she be surprised to have it again after all these years!

  43. ~dab said...

    LOVE corn pudding - I'll definitely give this one a try. :)

  44. js22 said...

    WoW! I've never seen a pudding with corn in it! What a great way to entice kids to eat some veggies(leaving out the Bourbon, of course)!! And I do agree- it would make a great side dish for a holiday meal.

  45. Ardy22 said...

    I had never heard of corn pudding before, but the result looks good and a little bourbin in it adds to its charm.