My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Cherry Streusel Coffeecake Recipe YUM!

Thursday, October 07, 2010 Posted by Rita A


Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

I am part of Bake for the Cure because I love to bake. At Bake for the Cure, you can submit and share recipes among other cooks and supporters. The recipes are inspiring and delicious. In my kitchen, I brought out my pink Kitchenaid hand mixer, which I bought last year as a breast cancer promotion. I used my pink measuring cups and of course I had to use my pink spatula! This is the first of a scrumptious month of baking.

My first recipe came from the Bake for the Cure: A Celebration of Love & Hope Cookbook. You can order one for yourself for just a mere $2.00. It has delectable recipes featuring the wonderful ingredients from ACH Foods.


CHERRY STREUSEL COFFEECAKE
Adapted from a recipe submitted by Cara E. - Dallas, TX

Prep Time
15 minutes

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons Argo® Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling

Directions
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.

BEAT milk, eggs, vanilla and almond extract until well mixed. Add to crumbly mixture and stir until blended. Pour into 13 x 9-inch greased pan. Spread with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.

BAKE in a preheated 325°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.

© 2010 ACH Food Companies, Inc

As a variation - I made my batch with 1/2 cup almond slivers added. I also drizzled melted chocolate on a few slices when I was serving it for a decadent cherry chocolate treat. The taste is mouthwatering. This is sure to be one of my favorite recipes. This is so easy to make and super scrumptious.

Want to make something scrumptious for your loved ones? Try this recipe in your home. The cherry flavor will make anyone smile, it could probably be one of your most requested recipes! I bet it would be wonderful at potlucks too. If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did. Get Baking!

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My post makes me eligible for a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

63 comments:

  1. Vaneka said...

    The recipe looks delicious!

  2. sy said...

    looks tasty *_* i need to hunt down some almond extract

  3. Karen B said...

    Looks so good but I have apple pie filling in the cupboard so think I'll try it with that.

    kpbarnett1941[at]aol[dot]com

  4. clc408 said...

    This is definitely one to try.

  5. jean said...

    i may try this

  6. Nancy said...

    My family loves anything with cherries! Yummy!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  7. sharonjo said...

    You have one of those pink Kitchenaid hand mixers?! I love those!!

    And the coffeecake looks wonderful.

  8. Xmas Dolly said...

    Thanks a lot. I've just gained ten pounds and I'm sure it went straight to my hips just by reading this. Sheesh! Yummers!

  9. CathyB said...

    yum yum this sounds delicious!!

    dancejamboree at gmail dot com

  10. Romapr said...

    This looks so yummy! And love that you are supporting Susan G. Komen. Thanks for sharing with us!

  11. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    THIS MAKES ME SO HUNGRY JUST LOOKING AT IT.....

  12. Carrie's Rambles said...

    That looks so good, and drizzling chocolate sauce on it has my mouth watering!

  13. Reanne said...

    This looks delicious. Not very expensive to make at all, either. Thank you!

  14. Tamara B. said...

    Delicious recipe and like that the prep time is only 15 minutes.

  15. polly said...

    my husband will love this recipe! thanks!
    pkeintz@gmail.com

  16. won said...

    Your baking skills impress me. I've looked at a few of your posts and everything looks so nice. Wish I lived next door to you...lol.

  17. scottsgal said...

    wow that looks great - and you can make this dish with different fruit as well

  18. Michele said...

    This looks great!

  19. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

    This looks heavenly! I love the short prep time too - that's always nice :)

  20. Hollowsins said...

    I love that you made a cherry version of this,I have never seen it in cherry before..yum!

  21. Leslie M. said...

    I love coffee cake.. so comforting! This looks fabulous Rita! YUM. great cause too!
    XOXO
    Leslie
    Leslie Loves Veggies
    http://leslielovesveggies.net/

  22. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    Cherries and coffeecake? I'm so there! This looks amazingly good!

  23. NorCalMom said...

    Looks great! I love coffee cake, so this is definately one to try.

    Thanks for sharing!

  24. Julee said...

    Coffee got my attention...the cherry part is just holding me hostage til it's gone!

  25. ~ Noelle said...

    yummy!
    I know we would love that here!
    also, thanks for being part of the bake for a cure

  26. Kelly said...

    OMG, this looks scrumptious Rita!! Can you please make me one pretty please?? You sure can bake!!

    kibbles0905@yahoo.com

  27. Nicole said...

    This sounds like the perfect recipe for me. I love both cherries and coffee cake!

  28. Haven said...

    I LOVE cherries! This looks sooo good! :)

  29. Jackie said...

    This looks delicious!

  30. lfhpueblo said...

    I love cherries, so this is a recipe to try.

  31. GabbyLowe said...

    strudel is my favorite! I would love to try this

  32. Katie said...

    This sounds great!! I think I will try it but with a different fruit! I'm not a big cherry fan!

    ktdietrich@yahoo.com

  33. Yona said...

    Hearing the name of this recipe isn't as appetizing to me as it is to see that picture because I'm not a big fan of cherry desserts, but I really want some of that!

  34. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    THIS REALLY LOOKS GOOD AND WOULD PROBABLY ADD SOME POUNDAGE JUST LOOKING

  35. momznite said...

    This recipe looks delectable!

  36. Tamara B. said...

    Awesome :)

  37. Swtlilchick said...

    This looks so delicious and since
    we love cherries so much,will have
    to try this recipe.This would be
    good to take to some of the church
    suppers

    CharlieGurl57(at)aol(dot)com

  38. Frances said...

    This looks...and sounds....amazing!

    fperkins2000 @ yahoo.com

  39. Janelle said...

    Mmmm a wonderful cherry classic! Great for potlucks, too!
    Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

  40. Katy said...

    This sounds sooo good! You're making me hungry!

    I also love how it has the pink theme going on!

    Thanks for sharing!!!

  41. shopannies said...

    sounds very delicious perfect for breakfast or dessert

  42. Laura said...

    That looks delicious! I prefer coffee cakes over other types of cakes. I may have to try this out.

  43. VickeC said...

    looks so easy to make an yummy

  44. LAMusing said...

    Looks yummy - and drizzling chocolate over it was a stroke of genius!

  45. katklaw777 said...

    Looks yummy!

  46. sy said...

    oh almond slivers sound good. i'll give it a try.

  47. ~dab said...

    Thanks for the recipe! :)

  48. Linda said...

    I love cherries and this sounds yummy

  49. Wendi P said...

    This one looks like a keeper!

  50. CarrieAnn13 said...

    I think my husband would love this... Maybe for a little halloween treat after dinner

  51. lisa said...

    This looks yummy...wish U were my neighbor and we could do coffee!..=)
    lmkay630@gmail.com

  52. candy said...

    This looks so good I can't wait to try. I love your idea of drizzling cholate on it. Great touch.wilcarvic
    [at]gmail[dotcom]

  53. Yenta Mary said...

    Oh, that looks SO good!

  54. Gianna said...

    That looks soooo good!

  55. PAM said...

    Drizzling chocolate on top is a good idea:)

  56. Heavensent1 said...

    My sister would love this...she loves cherries...

  57. michtuck said...

    This looks awesome!

  58. Xmas Dolly said...

    My hips are growing just looking at that scrumptious morsel! mmmm

  59. intime said...

    iwould love to try this intime@myself.com

  60. manthas24 said...

    My kids have a new thing for coffee cake and danish. I am interested in trying this one for next Sunday's family breakfast. Thanks

  61. js22 said...

    ooh that looks so good! I bet it would be good with other pie fillings too!
    Thanks for sharing!

  62. Ardy22 said...

    I love coffee cakes of all flavors and this looks so mouth watering!

  63. Swtlilchick said...

    This is my favorite and I love
    cherries.I will have to try this
    one and I know the bourbon vanilla
    adds a great touch

    CharlieGurl57(at)aol(dot)com