My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Chocolate Scotcheroos Recipe YUM!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try


Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

I am part of Bake for the Cure because I love to bake. At Bake for the Cure, you can submit and share recipes among other cooks and supporters. The recipes are inspiring and delicious. In my kitchen, I brought out my pink Kitchenaid hand mixer, which I bought last year as a breast cancer promotion. I used my pink measuring cups and of course I had to use my pink spatula! One reader asked if I really had a Pink Kitchenaid mixer - here is a picture of all my pink gadgets!



The first of two recipes I made this week is from the Bake for the Cure: A Celebration of Love & Hope Cookbook. You can order one for yourself for just a mere $2.00. It has delectable recipes featuring the wonderful ingredients from ACH Foods.

Chocolate Scotcheroos

1 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Cook corn syrup and sugar together in large pan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil then remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter mixing well. Add to cereal stirring until evenly coated.

Pour into greased 13 x 9 inch pan, patting into place.

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal.

Cool for 45 minutes or until form. Slice into bars and enjoy!


My Bake for the Cure Variation - I wanted to make the bars pink so I added a little red food coloring to the corn syrup mixture. It came out a little more red than pink but it still looks good!

These are very delicious in butterscotch flavor. They were so easy to make! Perfect for a potluck or maybe a bake sale! Donate your bake sale proceeds to the Cure!

Want to make something easy to make for your loved ones? Try this recipe in your home. These upscale crispy treats are sure to please. If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did!

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My posting makes me elgible for a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

53 comments:

  1. sharonjo said...

    I love your idea of coloring the krispie layer of these bars. I have this same recipe and make it fairly often--never thought about adding color to it though. Would be fun for Halloween too--using orange or something.

  2. Mama Bird said...

    LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing.

  3. CathyB said...

    Now this is what I'm talking 'bout!!! yum yum

    dancejamboree at gmail dot com

  4. erin m. said...

    These treats would be great for teaching kids Breast Cancer awareness! The colors are so fun too, i think they'd remember it from other treats.
    panicxduh[at]yahoo[dot]com

  5. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    THESE LOOK MORE THAN DELICIOUS

  6. Reanne said...

    That looks really neat. I'm very tempted to purchase your pink hand mixer. *squeee*

  7. Tamara B. said...

    Love that hand mixer! This is another great recipe and one the children would really love.

  8. won said...

    Very cool idea to add the food coloring to support the cause ;)

    Looks great.

  9. Kathy said...

    I've never made scotcheroos before. So I'm looking forward to trying this recipe.

  10. scottsgal said...

    Never seen this dessert before - looks yummy

  11. Michele said...

    These look good AND easy!

  12. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

    Oh I love that you added coloring to the corn syrup - that is a super idea. These look SO tasty!

  13. Hollowsins said...

    My kids would get a kick out of these..thanks!

  14. Leslie M. said...

    This is kinda like a rice krispy bar on steroids, right? YEAH! Ok, this looks good! I might have to try these!!

    ;)
    XOXO
    Leslie
    Leslie Loves Veggies
    http://leslielovesveggies.net/

  15. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    Wow! These look so easy to make and I'll bet they taste divine! Thanks for sharing!

  16. NorCalMom said...

    Great idea to use food coloring. Anything with peanut butter and chocolate is worth trying in my book!

  17. Julee said...

    I'm gaining weight just looking at the photo. Those look delicious!

  18. ~ Noelle said...

    i might have to try these...
    i can not bake for anything!
    LOL, but butterscotch?! my mouth is watering already!

  19. Kelly said...

    Now this is my favorite ! It reminds me of rice crispie bars. Looks great Rita!! I want that pink blender so bad.

    kibbles0905@yahoo.com

  20. Nicole said...

    I think my daughter would love these!

  21. Haven said...

    Mmmm this is definitely my favorite sounding recipe of the three :)

  22. Karen B said...

    Will have to try these at Christmas time.

  23. Jackie said...

    This looks like an easy recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

  24. lfhpueblo said...

    My sister would like this recipe, she likes the combination of butterscotch and chocolate.

  25. GabbyLowe said...

    that looks tasty and easy to make

  26. Katie said...

    Not a fan of Butterscotch, but these look soooooo good!!

    ktdietrich@yahoo.com

  27. Yona said...

    that's an interesting combination of ingredients in this recipe. I don't think I've ever tasted butterscotch chips before.

  28. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    THESE LOOK DELICIOUS AND I COULD BAKE FOR CHRISTMAS

  29. momznite said...

    The pink kitchen tools are too cute! I think I'll try this recipe.

  30. Janelle said...

    These cookies have my neighbor's name on them! She loves peanut butter & chocolate. A fun cookie, & yes, I'll make 'em pink, too!
    Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

  31. shopannies said...

    these sound delicious and I think they are exactly what my children were asking for the other night

  32. Kristi.B said...

    This sounds great and it's oh, so pretty also!

    kristi.blackstone@yaho.com
    #1

  33. Romapr said...

    I haven't heard of this dessert before but it looks as great as your other two treats. The cookbook is a fantastic idea. Thanks. I meant to put this comment here. oops. But I want to try this recipe too!

  34. Mare/TommyGirl said...

    This sounds like such a great recipe. Yummy and not too hard to put together. (And you cannot go wrong with anything pink in regards to cooking/baking)

  35. katklaw777 said...

    Looking good!

  36. sy said...

    yummy *_* i like the addition of crispy rice cereal.

  37. Wendi P said...

    I love the addition of the red food coloring to make these pink. My kids will love to help me make these. Thanks.

  38. ~dab said...

    My son would like these - I'll have to give this recipe a try next time he's home on break. :)

  39. CarrieAnn13 said...

    These look delicious. I just may have to make them this weekend....

  40. Julie said...

    Another scrumptious recipe-one I am going to make-you are really good at baking :)
    aunteegem@yahoo.com

  41. Yenta Mary said...

    All my favorite things in one!

  42. PAM said...

    I love your pink kitchen gadgets. Looks like a great treat.

  43. Gianna said...

    I've been looking for a new krispies recipe, yum :)

  44. Heavensent1 said...

    Oh my goodnes...but these sound scrumptious...heavensent1@yahoo dotcom

  45. Lydia A. said...

    Really cool recipe!

  46. michtuck said...

    I'd love to try these.

  47. michtuck said...

    Can't remember if I commented on this one or not, since I was looking through all your recipes. But this looks good. Very rich, I'll bet.

  48. LuLu said...

    I like the pink! I'm going to try this recipe, among others of yours....I'm gaining weight just reading your blog today!
    ~Lauri
    http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com

  49. intime said...

    what a yummy combo intime@myself.com

  50. manthas24 said...

    What a fantastic twist on the old rice crispie treat. LOL! I actually think my kids could make these themselves. Great recipe.

  51. js22 said...

    ooh these look good! I think I'd substitute another morsel type rather than butterscotch, but these do look tasty!

  52. Ardy22 said...

    These look so good and the recipe is so simple. I might be able to make this without messing up.

  53. MAC Mom said...

    The recipe souns easy and looks yummy. The pink hand mixer is great I'm going to have to get me one of those.