My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Jumbo Chocolate Crackle Cookies Recipe YUM!

Friday, October 08, 2010 Posted by Rita A



Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

I am part of Bake for the Cure because I love to bake. At Bake for the Cure, you can submit and share recipes among other cooks and supporters. The recipes are inspiring and delicious. In my kitchen, I brought out my pink Kitchenaid hand mixer, which I bought last year as a breast cancer promotion. I used my pink measuring cups and of course I had to use my pink spatula! This is the first of a scrumptious month of baking.

My first recipe, Cherry Streusel Coffeecake, came from the Bake for the Cure: A Celebration of Love & Hope Cookbook. You can order one for yourself for just a mere $2.00. It has delectable recipes featuring the wonderful ingredients from ACH Foods.

My next recipe is a family favorite - Jumbo Chocolate Crackle Cookies. Chocolate cookies always bring a smile to someone in need!



These are big cookies. I like the snappy crispy texture of these generous treats. The flavor is like a biscotti with the addition of cinnamon in the chocolate. They are so good when dunked in a cup of coffee!

Jumbo Chocolate Crackle Cookies

1 (6 oz) package semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup butter flavor shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup corn syrup (I used Karo)
1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
sugar

Place chocolate chips in top of a double boiler, bring water to boil then reduce to low. Cook until chocolate is melted then remove from the heat.

Cream shortening, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, corn syrup and melted chocolate, beating well.

In a separate bowl - Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the creamed chocolate mixture, beating until blended.

Shape dough into balls using 3 tablespoons dough for each ball, roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 and 1/2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack. Yield about 14 jumbo cookies.

Optional - Smaller cookies can be made - shape dough into balls using 1 tablespoon dough and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Yield 3 and 1/2 dozen.

Want to make something scrumptious for your loved ones? Try this recipe in your home. The big cookies are sure to please. If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did. Get Baking!

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My posting makes me eligible for a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!
dozen.

56 comments:

  1. Michelle said...

    These look good. Thanks!

  2. Nancy said...

    Chocolate cookies - so yummy! I just need to grab a class of milk to go with one of these.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  3. sharonjo said...

    I remember making a cookie recipe very similar to this as one of my first 4-H baking projects. They've always been one of my favorites!

  4. Xmas Dolly said...

    Why are you torturing me??? That's it I'm going to be dreaming tonight of your cookies and I'll probably gain 20 lbs. I can smell them from here. mmmmmmm Yummers!

  5. CathyB said...

    Chocolate is always a favorite.

    dancejamboree at gmail dot com

  6. Romapr said...

    These cookies look so scrumptious! This cookbook has delicious ideas. Great cookbook!

  7. Romapr said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  8. erin m. said...

    These chocolate cookies would also be great as fall treats the darkness in the cookie...can anyone say Halloween time!
    panicxduh[at]yahoo[dot]com

  9. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    CHRISTMAS BAKING TIME IS COMING SOON...AND I DO NOT NEED ALL THESE CALORIES

  10. Reanne said...

    Make another batch. I'm on the way with a pot of coffee!

  11. Tamara B. said...

    Sorry but I am going to have to steal this recipe, the cookies look to good to miss out on!

  12. won said...

    I love chocolate...the cookies look fabulous.

  13. scottsgal said...

    I just printed this to make at christmas!
    thanks for the recipe

  14. Michele said...

    might have to add these to the Christmas cookie list!

  15. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

    Rita, Rita, Rita - you are a bad influence!! LOL. These look so good, and they remind me of a cookie my mom used to make. Thanks!

  16. Hollowsins said...

    Chocolate is my favorite food Rita..you're making me hungry

  17. Leslie M. said...

    I'll be making these Rita! I love chocolate and Chocolate cookies are one of my faves! Deelish!

    XOXO
    Leslie
    Leslie Loves Veggies
    http://leslielovesveggies.net/

  18. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    My husband would love these, especially the jumbo part! These look so tasty!

  19. NorCalMom said...

    My daughters would love these! They look really good! Thanks for sharing.

  20. Julee said...

    I'm a soft and chewy cookie gal, but these have chocolate and for that I'm pretty much throwin' everything else to the wind for a bite!

  21. valerie2350 said...

    yummy yummy!

    what time shall I come over? ;)

  22. valerie2350 said...

    yummy yummy!

    what time shall I come over? ;)

  23. ~ Noelle said...

    you know, you could box these in a tin and mail them to us! lol, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

  24. Kelly said...

    Now these cookies look scrumptious! I bet my mom would love them. She is a cookie freak.

    Good Luck!

    xoxo Kelly

  25. Nicole said...

    My husband would love these. Our anniversary is coming up- maybe I'll make him a batch.

  26. Haven said...

    I bet my husband would love these with his coffee. My mom too, she's such a biscotti addict. I should make a batch for them!

  27. Karen B said...

    You can't beat a chocolate cookie - big or small! The greatgrandkids would love these.

  28. Jackie said...

    I'd love to try this recipe...and the cookies...with a big glass of milk! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

  29. lfhpueblo said...

    Oh, these major size chocolate cookies would work really well on my major size chocolate craving. Yum.

  30. GabbyLowe said...

    those cookies look soooo good

  31. Katie said...

    YUM!!

    These look awesome!!

  32. Terra H. said...

    I love chocolate cookies and these sound quite delicious.

  33. Yona said...

    Yum at how big and cocoa-y those cookies look!

  34. Anonymous said...

    HORTON111@AOL.COM

    THESE WOULD BE A BIG HIT AT MY HOUSE

  35. momznite said...

    What a wonderful chocolate treat!

  36. Janelle said...

    Big, chocolate, & you had me at hello! These are a definite hit!
    Chanticlear1(at)gmail(dot)com

  37. shopannies said...

    while I am not a big chocolate lover I am sure that these would not stay around long in my house full of teens

  38. Kristi.B said...

    I'm a chocolate fanatic, this sounds delicious! I thnk I will try to make them smaller like you said though!
    kristi.blackstone@yahoo.com

  39. Mare/TommyGirl said...

    I'm from a family of cook fanatics and chocolate lovers, so this sounds right up our alley. especially this time of years with some hot chocolate.

  40. katklaw777 said...

    My kind of cookie!

  41. sy said...

    looks yummy. i'll give karo corn syrup a try too.

  42. Wendi P said...

    The hubs would LOVE these. I am going to make them this weekend. Thanks!

  43. ~dab said...

    YUM! I'm definitely going to try these :)

  44. CarrieAnn13 said...

    I am definitely going to make these for our holiday cookie exchange this year

  45. Yenta Mary said...

    I love these!

  46. PAM said...

    Baked to perfection!

  47. Gianna said...

    I love crispy cookies!

  48. Heavensent1 said...

    Hmmmm...chocolate...yum~!!!

  49. michtuck said...

    Saving this for the next time I make cookies.

  50. LuLu said...

    These look great, I'm always looking for a new cookie recipe!
    ~Lauri
    http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com

  51. intime said...

    these would be good with coffee intime@myself.com

  52. Aisling said...

    These look and sound delicious!

  53. manthas24 said...

    I think these might get added to our X-Mas cookie list. My family will flip over the JUMBO and the Chocolate Crackle! Something new is always fantastic when we make our yearly cookie fest.

  54. paula michele said...

    I wonder how it would taste to add white chocolate chips.

    hafner611{AT}gmail{DOT}com

  55. js22 said...

    Yum! I bet if my sister sees this recipe, it'll be dessert tonight!

  56. Ardy22 said...

    These look so tasty. I would love to have one with a tall glass of cold milk!