My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Pineapple Squares Recipe YUM!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 Posted by Rita A



Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

In my weeks of baking, I have discovered the serenity of my kitchen. I play a little music, do a lot of measuring, watch the timer and the world seems to disappear for those concentration moments. I have so many recipes I want to make. I think this might be a weekly fun activity for me. I know my hubby would not refuse all the tasty goodies.

My first recipe for today is a highly requested recipe. It came from a friend of mine over 20 years ago who has been making it in her kitchen for as far back as she can remember.



Pineapple Squares

Crust
5 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup margarine
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Filling
1 large can crush pineapple
1 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup water

Crust: Sift dry ingredients together and work in margarine. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Divide in 2 parts. If dough is sticky, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hour. With one part - roll enough dough to line bottom of 2 ungreased cookie sheets. (10 x 15) use additional flour as needed for rolling. Spread with cooked filling (instructions below). Roll out remaining dough, cut into strips. Create a lattice across top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool then cut into squares.

Filling: Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick then cool.

I wanted to make something special for Bake for the Cure so instead of the usual lattice top, I made pink ribbons of support.

I have always loved this recipe. The pineapple makes it a different dessert with a taste of tropical sunshine. I suppose the recipe could be adapted to use any type of canned fruits. I think I will try to make peach squares. Now that sounds delicious!

Want to make something scrumptious for your loved ones? Try this recipe in your home. If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did. Get Baking!

Pretty please....help me win a contest. Please leave a comment on this and my other Bake for the Cure recipe posts. I really appreciate the help.

S'mores Bars - Enter the Giveaway Too!
One Dish Raspberry Cheesecake

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My post is eligible to win a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

13 comments:

  1. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    I love pineapples and also think the pink ribbons are so cute!

  2. Darlene said...

    Those sound really good. I'll have to give those a try. I also saw some other recipes that I'm off to check out.

  3. sharonjo said...

    How clever to put the pink ribbons on top!

    I agree with you about the joys of spending time in the kitchen cooking and baking--very therapeutic isn't it?!

  4. Yona said...

    I LOVE pineapples - what a great-looking dessert.

  5. Jackie said...

    This looks like a nice, refreshing dessert! I love pineapple!

  6. Wendi P said...

    I cannot wait to try this one. I love your pink ribbon touch on top!

  7. Yenta Mary said...

    I love anything with pineapple ... :)

  8. candy said...

    I really like this one we love pineapple and this looks good but not too sweet.

  9. SquirrelQueen said...

    I going to have to try this one, I love pineapple.

  10. katklaw777 said...

    Luv pineapple anything, yum, thanks.

  11. PAM said...

    Your pink ribbons are the perfect topping

  12. Gianna said...

    Now this sounds interesting. I don't bake with pineapple enough..

  13. Luvdaylilies said...

    This looks scumptious~now I'm hungry=)
    Pineapple is a fav of mine!
    Luvdaylilies at bellsouth dot net