My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake for the Cure - Pink Ladies Ultimate Sugar Cookies Recipe YUM!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try

This is the last of my Bake for the Cure recipe postings. I have had an absolute ball making these recipes to share with you. I am by no means a professional baker, just someone who loves to bake good things at home. Baking to me has always been calming. Sharing my baked goods with friends and family makes me feel warm inside.


Baking has a way of making loved ones feel special. The idea of sharing something delicious has sparked ACH Foods to support Susan G. Komen with Bake for the Cure.

Over $1 million has been donated by ACH Brands such as Karo, Argo, Durkee, Kingsford, Spice Islands and Fleischmann's Yeast. The FREE Bake for the Cure Community features recipes, awareness and support, while making good things to warm the heart.

What I have discovered in my weeks of Baking for the Cure:

* I love to bake
* Recipes are fun to find
* Some recipes can flop, but then you start over.
* I like the aroma in the kitchen

* Most importantly - I really need a new oven! My old oven is an experience in itself. I can never gauge the temperature correctly because the oven knob has lost all its degree settings. My hubby took a permanent marker to write the settings for me. It is a pure guessing game. He did buy me an oven thermometer to place inside which is what I use. The knob is just a guideline. Yep a new oven is what I need! It is on my wish list.

For my final Bake for the Cure recipe - I wanted to have a little fun. I took my favorite sugar cookie recipe and made Pink Ladies Sugar Cookies.



Ultimate Sugar Cookies

1 and 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup butter flavor shortening
2 eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour (plus 4 tablespoons for rolling, divided)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Decorations - your choice

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.

Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until blended.

Divide dough into 4 quarters - wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using a floured cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Place 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired or leave plain for frosting when cooled.

Bake one sheet at a time at 375 degrees for 5 to 9 minutes depending on cookie size. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on sheet then remove cookies to foil sheets laid on counter for cooling. Frost if desired.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies depending on size.


I have used this recipe year round. It makes delicious cookies for any holiday.

Thank you very much ACH Brands for the opportunity to participate in Bake for the Cure. You have inspired me to share my baking with others. I have had so much fun.

Pretty please....help me win a contest. Please leave a comment on this and my other Bake for the Cure recipe posts. I really appreciate the help.


Want to make something scrumptious for your loved ones? Try these recipes in your home. If you like the recipe, share it with your friends. Let me know in a comment if you liked it as much as I did. Get Baking!

Disclosure: I received gratis ingredients and a gift card was provided  for the purchase of baking supplies for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary. My posts are eligible to win a contest.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

13 comments:

  1. Frances said...

    I love sugar cookies and these are so cute!

  2. Jennifer @ Giveaways and More! said...

    These cookies are adorable! I see so many things you could use to decorate these pink ladies!

  3. sharonjo said...

    Oh yum! Those cookies look delicious--and so cute too!

    I'm impressed that you're able to turn out such great baked goods with an oven that sounds like it has seen better days!

  4. Yona said...

    These little ladies are so cute! I love sugar cookies like this - so hard to stop eating once you start.

  5. Jackie said...

    These cookies are adorable and so pretty! I never have luck with roll-out cookies and cookie cuts. Yours came out really nice!

  6. Wendi P said...

    OMgoodness- pink sugar cookies. I cannot wait to make some of these!

  7. Julie said...

    I love this idea-so clever-going to give the recipe a try
    thanks
    aunteegem@yahoo.com

  8. Yenta Mary said...

    Those are so cute! And they're wearing my favorite color ... :)

  9. katklaw777 said...

    I bet your family is enjoying all these goodies!

  10. PAM said...

    I will have to remember this recipe...I always have trouble making a sugar cookie.

  11. Gianna said...

    Yum, I love sugar cookies!

  12. momznite said...

    The recipe name is clever and cute!

  13. Heavensent1 said...

    These look cute and delicious...heavensent1@yahoo dotcom