My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Bake it Forward: You can participate! - (ends 11/1)

Friday, October 22, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try


I love this time of year because I do the most baking. I enjoy spending time in my kitchen, filled with the aromas of fresh baked cookies, cakes, breads and more. It makes me happy to share my baked goods with friends and family.

Imperial Sugar understands the comfort a tin of cookies can be. Introducing Bake it Forward. A cup of kindness goes a long way!

Bake It Forward is your chance to begin to make a difference in the world. All it takes is a few minutes to bake a batch of cookies, brownies, etc. and send them on their way. Then you can watch online as your Bake It Forward tin continues its journey, spreading confection and affection all over the world.


The process is simple:
* Register your Bake it Forward tin
* Fill up the tin with your homemade goodies and send it along to someone who needs a smile.
* Your recipient will register the tin so you can track where your tin has been. Once they are finished with your scrumptious goodies, it is their turn to fill the tin and pass it along, and so on.

Share a moment of sweetness with someone. Join the worldwide movement of caring. Bake it Forward!

I love this idea! I am proud to be a part of Imperial Sugar's Bake it Forward. I have a special place in my heart for Imperial Sugar from a lovely visit I had a while back. I had the opportunity to meet the wonderful people of Imperial Sugar. I spent a day with Chef Eddy making amazing pastries. Everyone at Imperial Sugar lives up to its sweet reputation.

Bake it Forward is an easy way to spread good feelings. I am participating by sending filled to the brim with home baked goods tins, to four good friends. I chose these friends because they are so busy all the time. Having a cookie with a good cup of coffee, let's them stop for a brief moment and smile. It let's them know I am thinking of them. I hope the smile I gave them inspires them to make a batch of cookies for someone else. It will be interesting to watch the travels of the tins. I wonder how far they will go!

Stay Connected with Bake it Forward on Facebook. You can print out coupons for savings on Imperial Sugar and Dixie Crystals too!

Want to join the fun? Are you a happy baker who loves to share your yummy goods? You can join me in participating in Bake it Forward. Courtesy of Imperial Sugar I have 16 Bake it Forward tins to provide.

To Participate:
All you have to do is tell me in a comment, what fabulous recipe you would be making to send.
-- Include your email address (if not public in a profile) so I can contact you.

Comments will be closed on 11/1 at midnight pacific time. I will hold a random drawing on 11/2 if I get more than 16 requests. I will personally send each chosen person an empty Bake it Forward tin, ready for your filling and sharing. Continental US addresses only please. Don't forget to register your tin on Bake it Forward before sending! For those of you anxious to get started, you can purchase a tin on the Bake it Forward website.

I am off to make some cookies! Won't you join me?

Many thanks to Imperial Sugar for providing the Bake it Forward tins.

Disclosure: I received gratis tins for this post. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

8 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...

    Sounds fun. I would make Snickerdoodles -- my favorite cookies!
    kim dot hurd at gmail dot com

  2. Yenta Mary said...

    What a great idea! I might make peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces stirred in ... :)

    yentamary at gmail dot com

  3. Kristen said...

    I'd make the cookies everyone seems to love...oatmeal with white chips and cranberries.

    couponboss at gmail dot com

  4. Lori said...

    Oh my, I would fill it with an assortment of cookies; chocolate chip, caramel egg nog, whoopie pies and peanut butter chocolate. I would send it to my cousin. Would love to do several tins if possible.

    Thanks a bunch
    twosoutherngirls at verizon dot net

  5. victoria99 said...

    I'd make a chocolate cheesecake with cherry topping and send it to my very good friend - Jennifer.
    flophasit at yahoo dot com

  6. Louis H said...

    this such a neat idea. I would bake brownies and oatmeal squares


    schnitzomage {at} gmail {dot} com

  7. Vincent said...

    I'd make Ginger Snaps.

    agentv at gmail dot com

  8. Kelly said...

    I'd make chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter ones.


    kibbles0905@yahoo.com