My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Something New from Allens - Review

Friday, October 15, 2010 Posted by Rita A

I can't say I am a southern girl. I grew up back East then moved to California at an early age. What I do love about the south is the incredible culinary tastes. On a family vacation several years ago, we visited a County fair and had to try something very southern, boiled peanuts. Interesting.


Boiled peanuts is a southern snack favorite. Now Allens Quality Vegetables is bringing boiled peanuts to their canned product line. I was able to sample the two flavors of Allens boiled peanuts. The first flavor is the Green Boiled Peanuts. Simply heat, drain and serve to enjoy. I really liked the taste. The main ingredients are green boiled peanuts, water and salt. The peanuts had a softer texture with a richness of a chestnut in flavor. The saltiness enhanced the snack. I would definitely purchase these again.

The second flavor is the Green Boiled Peanuts - Cajun Style. At first nibble, okay not so bad but then...WOW. My goodness these are spicy. I could not eat more than 2 peanuts without my mouth being on fire. Way too spicy for me. Some of you chili heads may like the heat level. It has a serious kick. For me I will stay with the regular flavor.

Allens products can be found nationwide. Check your local grocer for the new Allens Green Boiled Peanuts. They are truly One 2 Try.

Many thanks to Allens for providing the review sample.

Disclosure: I received gratis samples for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

1 comments:

  1. Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

    I've never had boiled peanuts before but I'd sure love to try the cajun style. That sounds hot and delicious!