My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Hot for the Holidays: Motorola DROID™ R2-D2™ - Review

Thursday, November 18, 2010 Posted by Rita A


A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.......and the music starts. STAR WARS™! I remember the first release of STAR WARS™ and how many times I went to the theater to watch it. It was huge! Since then I have been a big fan of the series and its characters. Now, thanks to Motorola and Verizon Wireless, I carry a piece of STAR WARS™ with me everywhere.

Introducing the Limited Edition Motorola DROID™ R2-D2™.


Verizon Wireless announced that the highly anticipated limited edition DROID™ R2-D2™ by Motorola is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in select Verizon Wireless Communication stores. With a graphic design to look like the iconic Astromech Droid from the Star Wars™ Saga, the DROID™ R2-D2™ by Motorola will be packaged in a custom box resembling carbonite and come with a Star Wars media dock and wired stereo headset. Exclusive content comes pre-loaded on the special edition smartphone, including:

· R2-D2 notification sounds and ringtones
· Four live wallpapers
· R2-D2 Clock Widget
· “The Best of R2-D2” video with the original Cantina music
· Exclusive Binoculars App

STAR WARS™ Mobile App Available for All Customers with Android 2.1 phones

To celebrate 30 years since the film hit theaters, customers with Android devices running Android 2.1 or higher will soon be able to get the Empire Strikes Back app from Android Market™. The app, only for Verizon Wireless customers, allows Jedi Masters to browse, preview and download STAR WARS™ content related to STAR WARS™: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. Verizon Wireless customers can access premium Star Wars content for a one-time charge of $2.99.

The STAR WARS™ mobile app will have the following features and content:

· Bounty Hunt Visual ID: Find and capture images around the STAR WARS™ universe to unlock hidden content

· Sound and Photo Gallery

· Live Wallpapers:
Blast the Probe Droid
Luke Balancing Yoda
Navigating the Asteroid Field
Watch Bespin’s Cloud City

· Trivia Challenge: Answer trivia questions about The Empire Strikes Back

· Widgets

The DROID™ R2-D2™ by Motorola is available for $249 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk plan or a Nationwide Talk & Text plan (beginning at $39.99 monthly access) and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan (beginning at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access). Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.

For more information on DROID™ R2-D2™ by Motorola, go to http://www.droiddoes.com/r2d2 

I purchased this fun and incredibly unique DROID™ R2-D2™ the moment it came out. When I placed my order, the customer service rep told me it was the first one he had sold! I did call early in the morning. I have never had a smart phone before so I am learning all about its capabilities. I seem to find something new everyday. The STAR WARS™ theme adds a lot of character to the device. I have played with the different ringtones, sounds and the live wallpapers. I love the R2-D2™ sound effects. For my notifications I have the unmistakable R2-D2™ scream. It sure gets my attention and a smile each time. The detail of the R2-D2™ back plate is visually stunning. I find the Android OS is super fast and very easy to navigate. the slide out keyboard makes it fast for texting. The touch screen display is super responsive. I could not be happier with my phone. I have even downloaded a few apps but it does come loaded with quite a lot to get started. With thousands of apps on the Android Market I am sure I will be getting lots more! My hubby says he wants one now too!

If you have a STAR WARS™ fan and are looking for a unique gift - consider the Motorola DROID™ R2-D2™. It is a little bit of R2-D2™ and a whole lot of fun!

STAR WARS™, DROID™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under license. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.


Android, Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc.

Disclosure: No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. Information provided by Verizon Wireless. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.



Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

0 comments: