My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Viva ELVIS - The Album - Review

Friday, November 19, 2010 Posted by Rita A

Elvis! One simple word with a huge meaning for me. I love Elvis. The music is timeless. His personality is larger than life. I wish I had the privilege of seeing a live concert. To me the music will always live on.
Cirque Du Soleil has created a show around the music of Elvis called Viva Elvis. A tribute to the life and music of Elvis Presley. The show is staged at the Aria Resort in Las Vegas. I have not seen it but maybe someday.

Now you can listen to the music on Viva ELVIS - The Album recently released by Sony Legacy. The tracks on the album include 12 Elvis remix songs.

Some of the titles include:
Blue Suede Shoes
That's All Right
Heartbreak Hotel
Love Me Tender
Can't Help Falling in Love
and more.

Courtesy of Sony Legacy, I was able to listen to the tunes of Viva ELVIS. Being the devoted Elvis fan that I am. I had some reservations about the entire idea of Viva ELVIS. Listening to Viva ELVIS - The Album, I found songs I loved as well as songs I really had to skip over. These are all remixes of the classic Elvis recordings enhanced with more musicality from the show. The songs are sped up in tempo, or slowed way down with added rock, soul and medleys.

My favorite of the songs is Heartbreak Hotel. It has a rock sound added that really makes the song jump! Love me Tender is done as a duet with a female singer and a touch of acoustic guitar. Memories is done as an instrumental lead in to Can't Help Falling in Love again as a duet.

Viva ELVIS - The Album is meant to follow the Viva Elvis experience of the Cirque Du Soleil show. It is a travel through the years of Elvis, the era's and the movies. I enjoyed listening to Viva ELVIS with the open mind of what the album is, a show soundtrack. It will never replace the originals for me, but the way the music is treated to interesting sounds and remixes, it is worth a listen.

You can find Viva ELVIS - The Album at Amazon and other music sellers.



Many thanks to Sony Legacy for providing the review digital copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis digital download for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

1 comments:

  1. Kristie said...

    I love Elvis, too! My husband just ordered this CD! Awesome!