My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, visit
http://one2try.net
and update your bookmarks.

Hot for the Holidays: Southern Pies Cookbook - Review

Thursday, December 02, 2010 Posted by One 2 Try


I love giving books as gifts. You can find the most appropriate topics for your gift recipients. Besides they are pretty easy to wrap!

For my sister it is easy to please her with cookbooks. She loves trying new recipes and is such a great cook! I have a scrumptious book to tell you about - Southern Pies: A Gracious Plenty of Pie Recipes, from Lemon Chess to Chocolate Pecan. by Nancie McDermott.



Have you ever wanted to make a decadent pie at home? Now you can with the wonderful mouth watering recipes presented in Southern Pies. I was craving pie from cover to cover. Am I a pie baker? I sure want to be after reading so many delicious recipes. I have made a few pies in my days of baking but nothing compares to the Southern flavors featured in Southern Pies.

Inside you will find 70 pie recipes from classics such as Coconut Custard pie and Butterscotch pie to New Orleans favorites like Chef Burton's New Orleans Lemon Pie. The color photographs will make you wish you had a slice of each featured pie! It wouldn't be the South without Sweet Potato Pie and there are several included. My favorite recipe is the Peach Pecan Pie, oh yes it sounds so delectable. Peaches in a custard filling covered with a pecan crumb topping. Yum! I am getting my rolling pin out!

The goodness of Southern Pies is anyone can make these tasty gems. The recipes are geared for bakers of all skill levels with simple ingredients. There is even a chapter devoted to chocolate pies and one to just piecrusts.

To Purchase: Look for Southern Pies: A Gracious Plenty of Pie Recipes, from Lemon Chess to Chocolate Pecan at your local bookseller. Books are easy to wrap and make excellent gifts. I bet the baker in your circle would love to have Southern Pies.



Southern Pies A Gracious Plenty of Pie Recipes, from Lemon Chess to Chocolate Pecan

By Nancie McDermott
Photographs by Leigh Beisch

8-3/4 x 8 in; 168 pp ; 24 color photographs
Paperback
Published in September, 2010
ISBN 9780811869928
ISBN10 081186992X

Many thanks to Chronicle Books for providing the review copy.

Disclosure: I received a gratis copy for this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own. Others experience may vary.




Enjoy this post? Subscribe to email updates from
"One 2 Try". There is so much going on, don't miss anything!!

0 comments: